Monday, August 3, 2009

The Art of Planning



There are two kinds of people in this world so they say. The one's who make plans and the ones who live it. Although, i always belonged to the second category, i kind of saw myself slowing drudging into the former kind, little did I know, that making plans always got your hopes high and then fucked you right at the end of that plan culminating into reality. So here I was, making plans to, at last take that backpacking trip I always longed for and as the days were approaching, I had to ditch the whole thing.

Anyways, there is some hope left. August proves to be a month of travel, did a day trip to do some rafting, It was awesome, sighted a croc basking in the sun it back to us and its mouth wide open. It looked black as a coal and was perched on a rock you could barely see. It looked peaceful.

The most screwed up shit on the whole trip was the people who apparently thought it was ok to fuck around with nature and treat the river like a garbage dump. And they say cleanliness is godliness, the religious twits :(

Anyways, life has thought us too much, and ignorance looks like the only choice we have. A little ahead in the river, the water looked very tempting, without thinking I jumped off the Raft and into the cold water. I could hear my heart thrashing, while I tried my inadequate skills to stay afloat, the life jacket was a gifts straight from god , the current was high and the river seemed vast and made me feel like a tiny little speck. The croc was about 1/2 Km away and showed no interest in humans. It had its own fish to fry.

So I swam until I could no longer control the current. Go with the flow and stay on your back is what the guide had said during his instructions, which by the way was incomprehensible when he spoke to normal beings.

It was a remarkable sensation. There I was right in the middle of the river, I suddenly felt my heart swell like it was going to burst , it felt like I was in a horror movie , you know the one where you just don't know what'll come get you from down below. The Friday the 13th kinds almost happened in my mind. Fuck my heart just beats faster when I think of it. Overall, the rapids were very few, but it proved to be a good break from the usual. Might just go back next week and do it all over again.

Next on the list is Hampi and then Kerala, hopefully will prove to be as expected? Then comes September and the north trip, which hopefully will happen, no plans or hopes, just pack my gear and head to the north. I don't give a fuck who comes with me this time.. I'm getting my ass outta b ‘lore for sure, enough said . XX

No comments:

Post a Comment